Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Our sincere apologies - its not a KLR, but luckily still a Kawa nonetheless...

TOPIC: Versys X300

Versys X300 1 year 1 month ago #104749

• Groenie
  • null
  • Thank you received: 219
I see Kawa launched a baby Versys

null
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Groenie.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Versys X300 1 year 1 month ago #104750

• Piet
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 709
I like the proportions...The smaller bikes usually have some elements that look too big for the bikes - this one doesn't!

Versys X300 1 year 1 month ago #104753

• Darknight
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Where's Robin?
  • Thank you received: 102
Here is some info! Looks great. But will probably cost close to 70k here.

Kawasaki’s Versys family gets another member for 2017 – and it’s at the smaller end of the capacity range. In this case that means taking the 296cc parallel-twin from the Ninja / Z300, and wrapping it in an all-new chassis and bodywork.

The peppy twin should be a perfect match for this lightweight adventure-commuter, and whether negotiating back lanes or potholed high streets, the long-travel suspension should contribute to a comfortable ride. Up front there’s a 19in rim wearing a 100/90 IRC ‘Trail Winner’, which is backed up at the rear with a 130/80 17.

Highlights

New small capacity Versys
296cc parallel-twin
Adventure styling
Assist & Slipper clutch
The facts

38bhp (est)
170kg (est)
Seat height 800mm (est)

While Kawasaki say the Versys-X will appeal to “a vast cross-section of new riders”, it’s safe to assume that it’ll appeal to a wide array of more experienced ones, too.

Both townies and thrashers will
appreciate the Assist & Slipper clutch – which means a light lever in town, and less locking-up on aggressive down-shifts. ABS is standard, and the calipers are decent Nissin items.

The seat looks plush, and appears to deliver a very ‘sit-in’ riding position, with wide handlebars and a stubby but high windsceeen.

The dash offers a high level of spec, with a large analogue tacho supported by two LCD screens showing a digital gear indicator, dual trip meters, remaining fuel range, plus current and average consumption and an eco-riding indicator. Keep the eco symbol lit at all times, and Kawasaki say the tank will deliver over 240 miles.

Suspension duties are taken care of by a long-travel 41mm telescopic fork up front, and a Uni-Trak gas charged monoshock at the rear – all of which the firm claim is up to the job of shrugging off unpaved roads.

Dealers will be offering two accessory editions as well as the standard Versys-X. The ‘Versys-X 300 Urban’ has a tank pad, hand guards, centrestand and a 30 litre topbox, while the ‘Versys-X 300 Adventure’ will get a tank pad, tubular engine guard, centrestand and a pair of 17 litre panniers.
#The Dark Knight

Black KLR 650 '12

*Live to Ride. Ride to Live*

Versys X300 1 year 1 month ago #104756

• SarelG
  • Centurion GP
  • Thank you received: 600
"Up front there’s a 19in rim wearing a 100/90 IRC ‘Trail Winner’, which is backed up at the rear with a 130/80 17"

I wonder why 19 in on the 300 and not on the 650 and 1000? Any experts out there with ideas?
One day I will die, but on all the others I will not, so on those days I will live it to the fullest!!

Versys X300 1 year 1 month ago #104757

• Dual
  • Hermanus
  • Thank you received: 1296

Versys X300 1 year 1 month ago #104758

• Jerkimiah
  • Gold Boarder
  • From Velleriff
  • Thank you received: 108

Re:Versys X300 1 year 1 month ago #104761

• Voël
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 88
I wonder if these small capacity bikes will last. Seems like the manufacturers are trying to force us to get the small bikes, or go into debt for the bigger ADV bikes. Where are the 650's. The 400 cc sport bikes used to be similar in price to the 600cc bikes with 40 to 50 odd less hp. So I geuss that's why the 650 thumpers seem to have dissapeared. They removed the middle offering. Now there are only two choices. Small, useless, and expensive, or overly big and extremely expensive.

This may be creating a bigger market for second hand bikes. Look at the bright side. Our KLR's may grow in resale value.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk
2008 - did the doo with torsion spring; 22c mod; airbox mod; removed the tweety; rain T mod; custom foot pegs; de-californicated; removed the petcock vacuum; red plastics - painted black. Riding and loving it.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Voël.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Werner

Re:Versys X300 1 year 1 month ago #104789

• Gawie78
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
looks like a brilliant commuter for work and back
Suppose it will be very economical

Re:Versys X300 1 year 1 month ago #104790

• Piet
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 709
Dis interessant dat Kawa steeds die konvensionele vurke gebruik... Ek sien al die ander vervaardigers se kleintjies het upside-downs.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Re:Versys X300 1 year 1 month ago #104804

• Psycho Porra
  • Last Man Standing
  • Sworn To Fun And Loyal To Rum
  • Thank you received: 1318
Piet wrote:
Dis interessant dat Kawa steeds die konvensionele vurke gebruik... Ek sien al die ander vervaardigers se kleintjies het upside-downs.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

To have upside down forks on a bike that will spend all it's time on tar is a waste and adds costs to the purchase price ;)
"The Brave do not Live Forever, but the Cautious do not Live at all"
Moderators: Benade
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds