Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Our sincere apologies - its not a KLR, but luckily still a Kawa nonetheless...

TOPIC: Advice needed buying a new bike

Advice needed buying a new bike 2 years 1 week ago #101932

• Jaim
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
Hi Folks,

I am looking to buy a new bike. I am currently looking at bikes in JHB and having it sent down to CT. The reason for this is that you pricing is better up north. I am looking at a Kawasaki GTR 1400 that is at Cayenne. Does anyone have experience with this dealer? I have read good and bad things about them and because I am buying from a distance, I don't want to be dealing with issues after sale.

Also, if anyone has any input on the GTR1400, I would like to hear it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Advice needed buying a new bike 2 years 1 week ago #101942

• Petboy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Centurion
  • Thank you received: 33
when i bought my fazer there, their PDI wasn't worth a damn. Found loose bolts etc. If you know someone up here have them check the bike out before as well as after buying. The actual bikes there are ok - its their after sales service that sucked.I also did not buy any of the add on policies they offered - think thats actually where they make the money
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

2005 Pink (used to be red) Fugly
2005 Harley Davidson Sportster
2009 Yamaha Fazer Fz1
2008 Yamaha BWS

Advice needed buying a new bike 2 years 1 week ago #101944

• Titanic
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KLR 650 2007
  • Thank you received: 52
I've never bought a bike from them, but here is my opinion.
They have very nice bikes and usually quite well priced. A huge selection and probably 5 or more of each bike. It's nice to have a choice.
They sell a lot of "parallel imports". Not an issue most of the time, but keep it in mind.
They will milk you for every cent. Something like R3500 for OTR costs (on the road).
After sales is non-existent. 3 Phone calls, 1 visit to the shop. 2 Years later we are still waiting for parts and prices.

Advice needed buying a new bike 2 years 1 week ago #101999

• Jaim
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
Thanks for the feedback. It is quite similar to what I have read on the internet.

I have sent them a query. Let's see if they respond (or which year they respond in). I am not in a mad rush to buy another bike so if I don't hear anything soon then I will just leave it.

If something does come of it then I will probably have to ask one of the clanners that live nearby to go check it out for me.
Moderators: Benade
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds