Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Crash Bars Pannier racks and lights

Crash Bars Pannier racks and lights 1 month 2 weeks ago #113590

• Piet
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 706
Welcome, Ian!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Crash Bars Pannier racks and lights 1 month 2 weeks ago #113592

• Scab
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Ian I have a set of Givi crash bars which are in excellent condition which I'm selling for R1100 ...they came off a gen 2. As far as I'm aware, they go for about R2 500 brand new. Any potential buyer to pay courier costs...I'm in Pietermaritzburg. You can contact me via 0845966953 if you're interested.

Crash Bars Pannier racks and lights 1 month 2 weeks ago #113597

• GvdH
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Scab wrote:
Ian I have a set of Givi crash bars which are in excellent condition which I'm selling for R1100 ...they came off a gen 2. As far as I'm aware, they go for about R2 500 brand new. Any potential buyer to pay courier costs...I'm in Pietermaritzburg. You can contact me via 0845966953 if you're interested.

I'll take that if the O/P doesn't. We'll give him chance.. but i will take it if not.

Crash Bars Pannier racks and lights 1 month 2 weeks ago #113598

• Scab
  • Junior Boarder
With regards to the Givi crash bars...a few points which I need to make mention of, purely based on my practical experience.
Givi crash bars are made from 2.2mm thick tubing, the SW-motech crash bars are made from 2.5mm thick tubing.
Givi crash bars have more welds and bends then the SW-motech crash bars.
Givi crash bars vibrate on SOME bikes (they did on my bike and that's why they're lying around in my garage). They can only get installed one way, so it has nothing to do with the way the crash bars are installed. I have never heard on a vibration problem with any SW-motech installation.
The powdercoating finish on the SW-mptech crash bars is a far better finish then that on the Givi.
Givi crash bars are much cheaper then the SW-motech.

Crash Bars Pannier racks and lights 1 month 2 weeks ago #113599

• Piet
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 706
Scab wrote:
With regards to the Givi crash bars...a few points which I need to make mention of, purely based on my practical experience.
Givi crash bars are made from 2.2mm thick tubing, the SW-motech crash bars are made from 2.5mm thick tubing.
Givi crash bars vibrate on SOME bikes (they did on my bike and that's why they're lying around in my garage). They can only get installed one way, so it has nothing to do with the way the crash bars are installed. I have never heard on a vibration problem with any SW-motech installation.
The powdercoating finish on the SW-mptech crash bars is a far better finish then that on the Givi.
Good post! Thanks.

I had vibration on my SW Motechs, but that was for the fugly version. Apparently it could be sorted out.

How do they compare in terms of bike serviceability with them installed?

Crash Bars Pannier racks and lights 1 month 2 weeks ago #113600

• JakesZA
  • Gold Boarder
  • Green 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Thank you received: 43
Scab wrote:

Valuable information here! Thanks! I want to add one more thing to you list- Givi bars have two attachment points, SW Motech has three, the third being near the footpeg, adding another bar of protection close to the engine casing.
Die donkie is 'n wonderlike ding ;)

Crash Bars Pannier racks and lights 1 month 2 weeks ago #113603

• Scab
  • Junior Boarder
I've never experienced any serviceability problems with either the Givi or the SW-motech fitted. I have a 2008 and a 2013...when I bought the 2013 it was fitted with the Givi and it vibrated bad, I replaced the Givi with the SW-motech very soon after getting the bike...vibration problem solved.

Crash Bars Pannier racks and lights 1 month 2 weeks ago #113605

• Scab
  • Junior Boarder
Yeah, you're 100% correct...another point that's just come to mind is that any welds on the SW-motech are supported by gussets...the welds on the Givi are not.
I know I'm trying to sell these things and I may sound like I'm shooting myself in the foot here, but as far as I'm concerned the SW-motech are a far better quality then the Givi, I think it's important that anyone that buys these things is aware of the pro and cons of the 2 products.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JakesZA

Crash Bars Pannier racks and lights 1 month 2 weeks ago #113606

• JakesZA
  • Gold Boarder
  • Green 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Thank you received: 43
Scab wrote:
Yeah, you're 100% correct...another point that's just come to mind is that any welds on the SW-motech are supported by gussets...the welds on the Givi are not.
I know I'm trying to sell these things and I may sound like I'm shooting myself in the foot here, but as far as I'm concerned the SW-motech are a far better quality then the Givi, I think it's important that anyone that buys these things is aware of the pro and cons of the 2 products.

Good on you for honesty though! I've got the Motechs on my 08- but just out of curiosity- how big is the price difference?
Die donkie is 'n wonderlike ding ;)

Crash Bars Pannier racks and lights 1 month 2 weeks ago #113607

• Scab
  • Junior Boarder
Some prices:
BIKE GEAR - SW-motech - R2 500 (they don't seem to stock GIVI)
FLYING BRICK - SW-motech - R2 700 (they don't seem to stock GIVI)
GIVI SOUTH AFRICA on line web page - GIVI - R2 500
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds